Tips For Eliminating And Preventing Blackheads And Whiteheads On Your Face
Two common issues you might have on your skin are blackheads and whiteheads. Both of these can be hard to get rid of, and both will return if you do not properly take care of your skin. If you want clearer, nicer skin, you may need to look into professional treatment options and find ways to care for your skin at home. Here are several things you should know about eliminating blackheads and whiteheads from your skin.
What Are Blackheads And Whiteheads?
Blackheads and whiteheads are two common forms of acne, and both of these are caused by clogged pores. Blackheads are blemishes that reach the outer layer of skin, and the black color comes from a chemical reaction that occurs when the material in the pores reaches the outer part of the skin.
Whiteheads are similar to blackheads; however, they do not turn black because they are actually under the skin. Air is not able to cause the chemical reaction that occurs with blackheads, and this is why they stay white. Both blackheads and whiteheads contain bacteria, which can lead to other types of skin blemishes, including pimples.
Are There Ways To Naturally Eliminate These Blemishes?
When you get these blemishes on your skin, you might be tempted to pop them. This is not a good step to take though, even though it may seem like it helps at first. Popping blackheads and whiteheads does not actually keep them away. In fact, the problem may worsen if you choose this method for removing them. There are several methods you could try for eliminating these blemishes, including the following two methods:
- Egg white mask – Creating a mask out of egg whites is affordable and effective for eliminating blackheads and whiteheads. Whisk an egg white thoroughly and paint it on your skin with a brush, or wipe it on your face with your hands. Next, place a layer of tissues or toilet paper over your skin, and repeat these steps. After the mask has dried, remove the tissues. This will help open and clean your pores, and you may see a difference after trying this just one time.
- Lemon juice – Lemon juice is another affordable ingredient you could use to get rid of blackheads. To use this method, squeeze the juice from a lemon into a small cup. Dip a cotton ball in the juice and dab it on your clean skin, focusing on the areas that contain blemishes. If this irritates your skin, dilute it first with a small amount of water. Lemon juice will help open your pores, and this is how it effectively helps eliminate blackheads.
If you would prefer getting these blemishes removed professionally, you could visit a dermatologist. Dermatologists offer a variety of treatment options that may help you obtain clearer skin, including acne surgery. During acne surgery, a skilled doctor will remove the blemishes from your skin using methods that are safe and effective. This is typically completed with a tool called a round loop extractor. After this is complete, your skin may be red, but the blackheads and whiteheads will be gone.
What Steps Should You Take At Home For Preventing These Issues?
No matter which route you choose for eliminating your blackheads and whiteheads, you will still have to complete additional steps daily to keep your skin clear. There are a number of steps you can take for this, and here are the three most important ones:
- Clean your face twice each day – The purpose of this step is to keep your skin clean. Makeup, sweat, and dirt can easily get trapped in your pores if you do not wash your face daily, but you can avoid this by using a cleanser that will remove these things from your skin. Your dermatologist might be able to recommend the best product for you to use daily on your skin.
- Exfoliate your skin at least once per week – Skin exfoliation is a process that involves cleaning your skin with a material that is abrasive. This will assist with cleaning your skin, but it will take it a step further by removing dead skin from your face. A good natural product to use for this is baking soda. If you make a paste with baking soda and water, you can rub it over your face to exfoliate your skin, and this will keep your skin smoother and nicer.
- Protect your skin with cream – Products containing salicylic acid are ideal for keeping blackheads and whiteheads away, and you can find out from your dermatologist what is the best cream for you to apply to your skin daily.
If you would like to get clearer skin, visiting a dermatologist is a great step to take. To learn more about treatment options for skin problems, schedule an appointment with a dermatologist today.